The new dyes I ordered arrived yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't resist diving in and doing what I love to do right away. I never use a straight-from-the-manufacturer colour, there's always a little alchemy involved otherwise I might as well work on a production line. And after a couple of hours, this was the result, dyed from an experimental blend of three different manufacturer's dyes.
And after I had dried it - and panicked a bit because it does funny things as it dries with the still-wet sections looking completely different from the almost dry parts - I realised that I had just dyed something rather similar to the now infamous Pantone 2685c. Infamous because a certain chocolate manufacturer has trademarked the colour!!!
This isn't exactly the same. And I certainly didn't intend it to be so similar. I just wanted a good strong purple and blended the dyes (which I do all the time) to try and get one.
In fact, it's even more saturated than this...
It will be in the shop tomorrow along with some other equally gorgeous colours. I'll post on twitter and ravelry when they are on the shelves.